Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Nightstand turned Kitchen Island

So does anyone remember one of my recent posts, here. Welp my dream has come true, and its finaly done!
See this nightstand...it has been beautifully transformed into a kitchen island...
BEFORE
AFTER
I butchered the poor thing, and ended up with the "skeleton" of my island :)
Got some pieces of these 4x4's. Cut em up a bit, and attached them to the rest...nice beefy legs ;)
Added some bead board, and paint {cotton whisper by Behr}
Topped her off with a wood top stained "dark walnut"
Then attached these hot little "shoes" to her legs...
added a piece of wood to the bottom, as a bottom shelf, also stained "dark walnut". Then finished it off with casters.
And Viola! Aint she perdie!
So hows that for making your dreams come true?
What are you all working on...hmmmm?
Come with me to these parties...
Show and Tell GreenDomestically Speaking
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Dragonfly Designs

Creations by Kara
giveawaysFurniture Feature Fridays



21 comments:

Lisa {grey luster girl} said...

Ingenious! If only I had space in my kitchen for an island. You lucky girl!

Erin and Cory said...

So creative! I love it! What color is this you used? It's so creamy!
Love
Erin@tatteredtoflattered.blogspot.com

Cassie Bustamante said...

first of all, that turned out beautifully! second of all, what a fantastic idea!!! it doesn't even look like the same piece of furniture!

The Magnolia House said...

Really awesome transformation! Great job!!

The Magnolia House said...

Really awesome transformation! Great job!!

{northern cottage} said...

get out! this is fabulous! what a transformation. and then I saw the beadboard and REALLY fell in love with it. GREAT job.

Swing on by for a visit sometime! www.northerncottage.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

very smart idea!! I might have to find a useless night stand now : ) I'm your newest follower, will you follow me back www.southernwhim.blogspot.com

Mimi@blueroofcabin said...

Now this is right up my alley, LOVE IT! you really changed that old night stand up! It looks amazing!

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

Wow! Genius transforation. I can't believe how great it looks. You were thinking outside of the box.
http://itsybitsypaper.blogspot.com

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Brillianr idea and it looks really beautiful!!

Christine @ sugarandtrash.com said...

Wowwww. What great vision, I would never have seen an island from this nightstand! I'll bet it would make an awesome bathroom vanity too, with a vessel sink.....

Unknown said...

Wow! Love it! You certainly do have a knack! I am going to follow you for sure!

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

Holy cow, that is crazy awesome!! It doesn't even look like the same night stand. You are so super talented.

Tammigirl said...

Great vision! This is just lovely!

L Simonson said...

That turned out great! Thanks for linking up to Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions. I hope you stop by again soon :)

~Lori @ Paisley Passions

Emily@LovelyBeasts said...

Wow that's amazing. You really do recreate furniture and you've made it more functional! I'm your newest follower! Hope you'll follow me too :).

Emily
http://lovelybeasts.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

This is SO gorgeous! You are so handy....and loving the bead board:)

Kim said...

That's unbelievable - it's like a totally different piece! You have great vision. I'm your newest follower. Please stop by for a visit sometime!
xoxo,
Kim

Marsheila's online Diet Diary said...

I Love this it's so cute,I'm going to make me one I already have the old night stand. one question when you said you cut the 4x4 a bit how tall did you leave them ?

Thank,
Marsheila

Unknown said...

That's amazing!! I have the same nightstand that I picked up last week....now I know what to do with it!! THanks!

Unknown said...

How did you cut the 4x4's to fit on the outsides??

Thanks
jill@ iknowtheplansihave4you.blogspot.com

Post a Comment