Monday, March 22, 2010

DIY Pantry Renovation!



The time has come to reveal our new pantry, that use to be our laundry room...ugh I know right...

Step 1 (put up the tracks *notice the water hook-ups for laundry, didn't want to permanently cover, so I made a door with hinges to cover, just in case)

Step 2 (arrange the shelves for the most space*note they go all the way up to the ceiling)

Step 3 ( install counter and storage below)

Step 4 (fill it up)
It has been done for some time now...but Home Depot kinda sucks when it comes to special orders...Hello one month later, and they didn't even call me, I had to call them...ugh

And now after a very impatient waiting period, here it is... I ♥ it, I ♥ them! Super organized, and Super lovely! With everything stored in its own place...I have mucho more counter space... and it gave Hubby the chance to try something too...yep Concrete Countertops...they are still curing, and will be ready to glaze soon, so stick around for that! Freakin Awesome!
Compared to the quote I originally got from Closet World, I think we payed seriously 1/4 of the price. The total for everything to redo our pantry was under $400....Mainly because thanks to Lowes for having a reset sale...only on the stuff we needed...It definitely pays to shop around!
Drum roll please!


Isn't it Awesome! I think so too! just a little bit of touch up painting to do, then 100% done!
We had to order the doors special..because the standard size was something like 1/4 inch too large to fit in the opening...Silly people who re-did the kitchen. I got them to match all the interior doors in the house... like these


Here was one of my inspirations...

The moral of this story is...Don't be lazy, you can do anything you put your mind and heart to...Go out and do it...oooh and save some major money at the same time :)

3 comments:

Brandi @ Frugal Farmhouse said...

I love the way this turned out! how nice to have all that stuff in a pantry that you can close the doors and not have to look at! I'm jealous ;) what a great deal!

Angie said...

Looks great!! I love concrete counters too! As for Closet World- not only are they over priced but they do really shotty work! I made the mistake of using them about 8 years ago. It was the WORST expierence ever!! I won't go into all the details but I will tell you this- The were scheduled to show up at 1:00 pm they came at 9:00pm with no uniform- and looked like they were just paroled. WHO INSTALLS CLOSETS AT 9:00pm?????

Condo Blues said...

I love your pantry! I'm a sucker for organization. I like to find stuff easily so I can grab it and go.

Post a Comment