Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Key to Wall Art


While trying to decide what to do when it comes to artwork in my entryway/mudroom, I was going through all the stuff I have around, and in my stash of art/ frames,I discovered that I already had the perfect frame is the right scale for a wall in my entry way. In the same silvery-gold color as the mirror, I made over here. I acquired an antique lock and key and seperate skeleton key, that I have been wanting to display for awhile now, and now I know where...
Here is the frame, before...



Ehhh nothin a little ORB wouldn't fix...So I took it apart, cleaned and roughed up the frame a bit, and got to painting. Now I needed a nice backdrop for the accessories I was going to put in it, so I ran over to Joanns and picked up some fabric...spray adhered it to a piece of wood, and voila!
Turned out good, hmmm?


Now its time to mount the Lock and Key. I used my trusty hot glue gun...love it!
and its ready to hang...
Here it is complete...
I love how this turned out! frame=free,paint=already had, fabric=$1 and Lock and key =$3 TOTAL=$4
This Entryway project is just about done, Oh and I've just added "complete all projects" to my list of to-dos...lol let see if I follow through.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Turned out perfect! Ya I also added "Complete all projects" to my to do lists- not looking good so far! ;)

Dawn said...

Oh I am so excited! I have a lock and key that i have just laying on top of my dresser(boring).. Now I know what i can do with them.. Thank you so much for sharing! I hope you don't mind me stilling this idea!?

Post a Comment