Friday, May 7, 2010

Burlap Earring Display

My Pretty little earring display!

I have officially jumped on the earring display bandwagon! mmmhhhmmm! But thats ok, because it is about time. I have wanted to create something of my own...adn I really am sick of digging through my jewelry box, to get out a pair of earings, and the dangly ones always get all tangled...so this is both pretty AND functional.

I started out with a silver mirror tray.
I removed the mirror, and spray painted the frame in a satin black. I picked up some old burlap sacks at a yard sale for 25 cents each a while back, to I cut a piece out that would fit in the frame, and hot glued it all the way around....a few minor burns later, this is what I came up with...


Still too plain, so I went through some of the misc artwork I have saved on my computer, and printed outa cute design. Cut it out with an exacto knife, and stenciled the design on the burlap, with black craft paint.



And I love it! Next add some accessories and Voila!


Its home is hanging in my bathroom for now :)

7 comments:

Lynn said...

This is soo very pretty and looks easy enough for me to give it a try! I'm not real good when it comes to being a very crafty person! I've been looking for something like this for a long time to hang in my master bathroom for my earrings..

Thanks so much!

Blessings,
~Lynn

Angie said...

Lookin' good!! ;)

Herbgirl said...

What a fabo idea. I need something to better organize my jewelry too so thanks for the inspiration.
Hugs n Herbal Blessings, mandy

Meg said...

What an awesome idea. I love the looks of this, as it looks like a mini piece of artwork on the wall. At least this way the earrings will not get tangled! An idea steal for sure :)

M.O.T.B said...

Love this! You need to hang your bracelet up there:)

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Very cool looking. you are like me, I always have to add just another lil something, it always does the trick!

Shel at Dreamy Nest said...

Ohhh pretty, pretty, pretty! I love this. I'm going to create an earring display holder one day - if I ever get caught up. LOL
I'm so jealous that you found burlap for that cheap! I can't find it anywhere. *pppffftt*

Post a Comment