Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Wall Art Project



When I decide that the color of the walls in the living room should be this blueish-green I knew I didn't want to cover it up with a lot of artwork...So after brainstorming, and roaming around for inspirations...I came up with this little peek-a-boo piece. My hubby brought home a piece of plywood, and I determined the size I wanted it, he cut it, then I started to sketch out the branches and leaves, sorry no pictures of the middle, but I'm sure you can get the gist of it. With a lot of help from my hubby, all the pieces were cut out, and now it was left to me to sand the edges.


Here is a pic of the back to give you an idea of what it looked like before it was sanded and stained

After sanding it down, I chose a dark espresso stain to cover it, I love the natural look of the grain showing up darker, after a few coats I was done.


I flipped the piece over and attached some picture hanging thingys (like that)

Tada the finished product!


This was something I did awhile ago, I wanted to stay in touch while I'm working on some other things...so come back soon to see some more!

Oh and I linked up at:
DIY Day @ ASPTL





Photobucket






4 comments:

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

That's great and very unique!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Awesome!!~ I love wood art!~

Expressions by Heather said...

It turned out great!

Thank you so much for linking up with the Talented Tuesday link party at My Frugal Family, which is hosted every Tuesday. Please feel free to stop back in every week and post your newest projects!

Jackie the Junk Junkie said...

OoooOOOooo. . . I like it! Great idea with the peek-a-boo. I think I am going to have to try one of these!!

Post a Comment