Friday, April 9, 2010

Got Candy?


The men in my life are absolutely crazy about sweets...I could do without...but since I'm out numbered...why should I...lol And because of this I have had my eye out for a nice candy or gum machine, plus they look super cute. Unfortunately I haven't been lucky enough to find one with good bones, and let alone a good price. I was super envious when I saw this in blogland.

House of Hepworths

Allison at House of Hepworths, got super lucky, and did a great job at restoring this puppy. She found it at The Goodwill for only $24.99! Gave it some love, and now has an awesome piece! Can you believe it?! Yeah...Me either. This totally rocks!
So after yard sale hopping last week, I stumbled upon numerous things that will work for me...So I'm gonna throw a few things together, and make my own...so hah *lol* Here is what I got...


This globe shaped jar...the lid was a bit rusty, needed a good wash, and some paint on it.

This super heave metal base of some sort...just needs a bath and paint.


And here it is...all ORBed out...


Here are the 2 together...so fresh and so clean...and all painted :) Just missing a few things.

Some yummy and pretty lemon heads!

and a cute label, I printed out the word cany, cut it out with my exacto knife like a stencil, and viola!


Here it is all finished, and believe it or not, the candy is just about gone...hmmmh. I ♥ how this turned out!

See ya soon!


21 comments:

Angie said...

This is brilliant!!!!! I'm the candy freak in this house YIKES! Since i'm home all day by myself I don't have it here unless it's the weekends. Really! Cause if I did!?!? I'll give you 3 guesses what i'd have with my coffee in the morning and what i'd have for lunch?? ;)

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

Thanks for the shout out in your post!! I totally love your candy bowl you made. I love how you put the bowl and the stand together. So cute. It reminds me of a retro 50's candy store. I'm totally diggin' it.

Tiffanee said...

Wow! I love it. You are so creative.

Patti said...

This is so cute...love the base, it really makes it unique!

rustandruffles said...

Love this project....looks great!
Happy day!
xojanis

Room to Inspire said...

This is super cute! I am just like you and have been "hunting" my local thrift shops and Goodwill for a tall gumball machine! Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired today.

Chelsea

burlap+blue said...

This is a genius idea! I am adding this to my craft to-do file...great project! Thanks for sharing:)

Kelsey said...

Too cute! I need to make one of these for my little guy!

Meg said...

Wow, I love it! I just leave candy in my apothecary jars and the little man can get into that way too easily! This would definitely be better! Great job.

AtOneWithHim said...

Great idea, so creative. I actually saw a candy dispenser thing like hohepworths .. I don't remember the price. But for sure I love yours...and I love that it has the same feeling as an antique candy jar and that you can put it anywhere.

Kristi Flanagan said...

Great idea! Come plant your "creative seeds" at my new blog party on Fridays: Plant a Punkin Seed at Punkin Seed Productions.

Hope to see you there!

Kristi
Punkin Seed Productions

Helena said...

Allison is right, this does look like something out of a 1950's candy store! You did a great job. Are you going to make a set of them?

Thank you for linking this to A Little Craft Therapy with Life in the Pitts.

michelle's 10 things said...

This looks fun. And easy to put away when you have had enough.

Jen and Jared said...

So cute! And very creative. Way to be ingenuitive! And thanks for sharing it so we can do it too!

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

C-U-T-E! I love the yellow of the lemon heads too... thanks for linkin' up to the POPP.

Denise Marie said...

wow, I had seen the gumball machine and didn't think a thing about it..way to make the idea yours. love peeps frugal ideas.

I♥naptime w/ Chocolate Sundaes said...

super cute! I love candy jars! I'd love for you to link this up to sundae scoop http://iheartnaptime.blogspot.com/2010/04/sundae-scoop-2-link-party.html

~Gay~ said...

Thank you for bringing your hodgepodge to the party! Will be drawing the winners soon!
~Gay~
itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

Stacey said...

I am a HUGE fan of sweets...probably too big of a fan! I love this idea. It is so cute. Thanks for sharing at 'Look at me, I'm SO Crafty!' at Fun to Craft.

Life in Rehab said...

Well done! I love creative containers, and that's just awesome.

Diane {Created by Diane} said...

What a really cute idea! Great job :)
I'm in So Cal too! We could be neighbors...I'm in Murrieta. Stop by my blog if you get a chance.

Post a Comment