Friday, April 16, 2010

Jute Balls

Jute Balls Made See Through! yup! Nice and hollow...and the perfect bowl fillers. So As I mentioned and show you in my previous post. I'm going to show you how I made these natural colored jute balls pictured below.

I know I saw these while surfing blogland, but I just can't seem to find the origional post that inspired me...as I was searching I did find this one at Domestically Speaking. She did some good ones also!So basically all the materials you need are:
Jute twine
balloons ( I used water balloons because they are smaller)
glue
water

So the first step is to blow up the balloons to the size you would like.

Now mix up a mixture of glue and water I did about 2 parts glue to 1 part water.
then dip the twine into the mixture...until fully saturated, I ran my fingers down the twine just to make sure.

Now start wrapping your balloons. Use your best judgment on how much you want to wrap...weather the more or less hollow you would like your balls.
Let dry for about 24 hours. then pop the balloons and remove.

And you'll end up with these at the end of it all. I left mine natural, but I'm sure you could even paint them?I hit a little bump in the process, and when they were all dry they were way too thin for me, so I broke out my glue gun, and started to wrap some more twine around...ahhhh perfect!

And there you have it! Super easy, cheep and best of all the results look awesome!

3 comments:

Brianna! said...

LOVE LOVE LOVEEEE this!!
so clever!

found your blog through friday follow and Im loving it

xoxo
B's

Angie said...

That's crazy! How does someone come up with that one?? Very cool!

Stacey said...

What a great idea. They turned out very cute! Thanks for sharing at 'Look at me, I'm SO Crafty!' at Fun to Craft.

Post a Comment